About Us

My photo
Deborah: I'm a published author of the Kate Carpenter Mysteries. I write, and I teach workshops and classes. I have lost 140 pounds! Arlene: I'm a PhD psychologist, working with chronic pain patients. I have lost 40 pounds. Kelly: I'm a registered dietitian who works hard to maintain my weight and fitness level with healthy diet and lots of exercise.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Orange Pineapple Quinoa Muffins


1 cup quinoa, rinsed
juice and pulp of 2 oranges (use a reamer)
1 small can crushed pineapple in its own juice
4 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to boil. Turn to simmer and cover for 20 minutes or until all liquid absorbed. Cool. (or eat for breakfast).

4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup white or brown sugar
2 eggs

Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and quinoa mixture and mix well.

3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
Dash of salt
2 cups soured milk or butter milk
2 cups bran (wheat or oat)

1/2 cup sunflower seeds
4 tablespoons sesame seeds

Add dry ingredients alternating with milk. Mix just until blended. Add seeds.

Put in large muffin cups (about 1/3 cup of batter) and bake at 350 for about 22 minutes. Cool and enjoy.

Nutritional info: (aprox) calories 113, fat 4.6 grams, carbohydrates 17.3 grams, protein 3.3 grams.

No comments:

Post a Comment